Dupe Alert!

I have been planing to do some Dupe Alert posts for a while, but somehow I keep forgetting about it when I actually do my nails... Let's see if I can manage such post at least once a week. I guess I need "frames" in my life LOL Anyway, on to the nail stuff!
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le

Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury and China Glaze Secret Peri Winkle. I have them both for a while now and I used them both already, but somehow... I didn't notice how alike they look. Until I had to move them both from one drawer to another, and suddenly I realized they really needed to be compared!  All pictures show no top coat, Index and ring are China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le in 3 coats, middle and pinky are Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury in two coats.
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Indoors, artificial light
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Indoors, artificial light.
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Outdoors, direct sun.
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Outdoors, direct sun.
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Essie - Lapiz Of Luxury vs. China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le
Although mostly it is not very visible in the pictures, Secret Peri-wink-le is just a tiny bit darker then Lapiz Of Luxury and it has a little bit more of the purple tone then Essie. Other differences are opacity which is only 2 coats with Essie but 3 with China Glaze. The brush in Essie's polish is much nicer then the one in China Glaze and even drying time is a bit better for Essie. Yet, I love Secret Peri-wink-le. I don't know why. Could be just some personal nostalgia feelings that the Secret Peri-wink-le is raising in me, but I really love this polish.
And personally I believe that no decent collection can be complete without it!

Secret Peri-wink-le
Lapiz Of Luxury
Brand
China Glaze
Essie
Collection
Operation Color, Fall 2008
Resort Collection, Summer 2010
Description
Dusty periwinkle blue crème
A dreamy Ocean Blue
Formula
A bit thin and very sheer
Smooth and pigmented
Brush
Thin. requires many strokes
Wide and soft. Perfect for wide nails
Opacity
3 coats
2 coats
Finish
Crème
Crème
Drying Time
Reasonable
Quick
Remove
Easy, no staining
Easy, No staining
Extra Info
Tolulene and DBP Free
3 free

9 comments :

natalsie said...

WOW! they are very close indeed)) I have the CG so I can live without the LoL

RichInHeart said...

I can see the difference. I think they are both pretty but secret periwinkle is much nicer. It seems a tiny bit dustier with a little buy more purple. Love the idea of doing dupe alerts! I am always on the lookout for dupes. Especially when you save a little money with one.

M. Fourey said...

Looks like I picked the wrong one, I have ChG Secret Periwinkle! Great post!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blues soo soo similar :)

Jazz x

Anonymous said...

Very alike, indeed. At least in the pictures. Both wonderful blues, though

Essie Rae said...

Good to know. I have Secret Peri-Winkle and have always thought about getting Lapiz of Luxury. Now I don't have to:)

Gosia said...

Oohh thanks so much for this post!!! Now I know I don't need Essie!!

beachgal said...

Ha! I own both of these and never noticed they were so very close - I think of the Essie as a little more lavender in it. But I agree with you, I think all good collections need ChG Secrete Peri-Winkle - it's got a special place in my eye and mind too. Funny too as it's rare that an Essie cream has a better (faster to reach opaque coverage) over a good ChG cream formula. I wonder if there are different batches of this ChG out there - I sure don't recall ever using 3 coats of mine - when it comes to ChG creams they are usually not going to dry well if I need 3 coats (course I rush and don't let them dry between coats typically).

jannatul12 said...

the color of the essie polish remind me my school dress(lol) I have the same polish though <3

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!