Where In The World - Sweden

I am continuing my world tour today with a new entry for the Where In The World challenge and this time I'm in Sweden.

Personally I have never been to Sweden and I know practically nothing about it's country or culture. So I opened Google and typed Sweden and came up with a photo of the Royal palace in Stockholm.
Source

So I decided to give it a try. I started with 2 coats of BarryM Blueberry Jelly, a beautiful light blue jelly polish.
BarryM Blueberry

Then I used Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away and Blue It to create a gradient, and as usual I managed to do it on the wrong side... So all the pictures are shown upside down... I was bummed about it enough when I realized I did it on the wrong side that I was totally unmotivated to do the cleaning. So this one has hell of a cleaning too. I hope you can forgive me though... Please?

Then I started with the stamping. First was the crown, taken from Bundle Monster's plate BM08. I stamped it using China laze Passion, my new go-to gold stamping polish. I wish it was just a tiny bit yellower but... One has to compromise I suppose... So the crown went on the darker side of this mani. Then I taped the top part of the nail and I used plate BM319 and A-England Holy Grail I to create the lights reflecting on the water.
After a layer of Seche Vite and a few minutes to let it dry, I taped the entire part that is stamped already and I used plate Fun2 by Fab Your Nails and China Glaze Passion to stamp the buildings at the top part of my nail. Lastly I added a dark blue line using Sally Hansen Blue It and a striping brush. Well, naturally the lame cleaning makes the whole thing looks messy and sloppy. I might try it again soon *sigh* But for now - here's my Sweden.



And the polishes I used, left to right: BarryM Blueberry, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Sally Hansen Blue It, China Glaze Passion, A-England Holy Grail I.


11 comments :

natalsie said...

This is the one of the most creative manis ever!!! and so true to your inspiration picture))0 Amazing!

Unknown said...

Love it, Jin! Looks like a watercolor!

Helena / Lacky Corner said...

Amazing! I love what you have done to show my country :) I don't live in Stockholm but it is a beautiful city with lots of water surrounding it, you should visit!

Unknown said...

I was just on that bridge taking in that same view last night!! Great interpretation, love it.

M. Fourey said...

That's one good recreation!

Karen said...

I love the inspiration! And your interpation to mani is spot on! Not lame at all!!!!! That blue shade is stunning... I need some barry M Gellies!! (Do I tell you that alot? LOL)

beachgal said...

Love this one - really creative in a modern art way. I AM Swedish - both my parents were born there. I have been a couple times but not been able to tour the areas in the country I really want to see in the more rural areas. It's a lovely country. You captured Sweden well in this one - the color of blue is very much a Swedish blue - and the crown stamp is what I recall being on all the stamps in Sweden and on a lot of the govt signs. I think we had some kitchen towels and a few other things with the Swedish crown on them when I was growing up.

Gosia said...

wow, that's one creative mani!! and I'll show you lame, you better watch out!!! =))
I think it came out awesome!!!

NiteAngel said...

Love it, I´m Swedish so it´s fin to see a design that are inspired from Sweden

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

This is great! I've been to Sweden just once, and I think you did a great job capturing the spirit of the country with the design and colors you chose. :-)

~ Yun

Andrea said...

Wow. What a beautiful interpretation of that photo!! I think this is my favorite of your "Where in the World" so far!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!