The 31 Days Challenge Day 21 - Merge & Melt

Woohoo!!! two posts a day two days in a row!! LOL Don't get used to it ;-) 
Anyway, today in the New 31 Days Challenge the theme is Merge & Melt and while this was the theme I dreaded the most, it happened to be my new record in the quickest mani ever! It took me 10 minutes from the moment I started thinking of the colors to the moment I finished the clean-up! Not that I did such a great work on the clean-up but never mind. I like this mani and it is just a perfect ending to a very long and exhausting day! Let me just show it to you quickly before I go and crash on my bed! 
So what is Merge & Melt you ask? Well, usually in the daily challenges there's a water marble day. But we have all been there, tried that. Some liked it more - some liked it less. In general - not everyone can do them properly. So Merge & Melt is just another way (and nicer if I may say so) to say "mix your colors". It can be a water marble, a pin marble, a saran wrap marble, a gradient, a splatter, water color... anything where the colors get to mix a little. So I decided to try the fan brush gradient and I have a feeling I am going to try this method again and again! It was so quick and easy, yet I think it has an impressive result. The colors I used from the red to the purple are: Life - Strawberry (a local brand), Bourjois - Orange Creation, Peripera - YE901, Peripera - GR302, Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue and Nails Inc. - Westminster. Oh and the fan brush of course ;-)
A crappy phone picture just to show you the brush I used.





I hope you liked it. Any ideas for future color combo tries are more then welcome!



12 comments :

Lucys Stash said...

That's so pretty! Love that!

Unknown said...

love!

natalsie said...

That looks amazing!! Can't believe it was so quick and easy to create - looks so complex; thanks for showing me a new technique))

Cindi said...

Pretty rainbow! And a way to get to use that little used fan brush.

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Wow this is really pretty, Jin! You did a fantastic job with this! :-)

~ Yun

Anonymous said...

Love it! Did you do put a drop of each color on foil or something, then dip the brush and drag it across your nails? I'll definitely try this!

Melanie Stewart said...

very cool! I really love this look, such a great idea to fan it out :)

M. Fourey said...

Nice way of doing a rainbow :D

The Polish Rainbow said...

great visual effect!

Unknown said...

Love this!! I really need to get a fan brush and try some things out with it.

Raggio di Luna said...

Great effect! It doesn't look so easy, but I'll have to trust you and I'll have to try it! Beautiful! :-)

Elin the Cupcake Cat said...

love it, have to try this someday!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!